NPR has a very good 5 minute program produced in 2008 on the 40th anniversary of President Johnson’s stunning announcement that he would not seek another term in office. As NPR producer John McDonough observed, “nobody saw it coming.” You can learn more about it, and also hear the president make his historic statement here. You can also read the entire text of the speech here, in which President Johnson begins by proclaiming his intention to wind down the Vietnam War.
Contact Us!nbmars AT yahoo DOT com
Want More History? Click on the picture below to check Our Sister Site, Legal Legacy
- Review of “Jonathan Unleashed” by Meg Rosoff
- July 27th – National Scotch Day
- Review of “50 Things You Should Know About The Vietnam War” by Chris McNab
- Review of “But Can I Start a Sentence with ‘But’?” by The University of Chicago Press Editorial Staff
- Kid Lit Review of “Cloth Lullaby: The Woven Life of Louise Bourgeois” by Amy Novesky
- Review of “Black-Eyed Susans” by Julia Heaberlin
- Review of “A Court of Mist and Fury” by Sarah J. Maas
- Review of “In A Dry Season” by Peter Robinson
- Review of “The Way to the Spring: Life and Death in Palestine” by Ben Ehrenrich
- Kid Lit Review of “Animal Atlas” by James Buckley, Jr.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets