NPR has a very good 5 minute program produced in 2008 on the 40th anniversary of President Johnson’s stunning announcement that he would not seek another term in office. As NPR producer John McDonough observed, “nobody saw it coming.” You can learn more about it, and also hear the president make his historic statement here. You can also read the entire text of the speech here, in which President Johnson begins by proclaiming his intention to wind down the Vietnam War.
Contact Us!nbmars AT yahoo DOT com
Want More History? Click on the picture below to check Our Sister Site, Legal Legacy
- Black History Month Review of “Between The World and Me” by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Black History Month Kid Lit Review of “28 Days: Moments in Black History That Changed the World” by Charles R. Smith Jr.
- Review of “A Dying Fall” by Elly Griffiths
- Review of “Saga: Volume Five” by Fiona Staples & Brian K. Vaughan
- Black History Month Review of “Showdown: Thurgood Marshall and the Supreme Court Nomination That Changed America” by Wil Haygood
- Kid Lit Review of “Eat Your Science Homework: Recipes for Inquiring Minds” by Ann McCallum
- Review of “Where It Hurts” by Reed Farrel Coleman
- Review of “A Dictionary of Mutual Understanding” by Jackie Copleton
- Review of “Throne of Glass” Series (First Three Books) by Sarah Maas
- Review of “The Invention of Science” by David Wootton
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets